Wednesday, February 07, 2007
rule of three
Ok, ok. So last year I may have said I’ll never take up a tag or something like that. But with the single hope of resuscitating my blog, I’ve decided to do this one. Shyam, since you tagged me and since I’m obliging how about baking me a cake for the next time we meet? (I haven't spell checked this. So please excuse any errors.) (And I have no idea why I chose this picture)
Three things that scare me:
1. Strange men in bowler hats and three piece suits who address me as ‘sister’ and ask me if I’m a believer. (Avoid the Starbucks outside Victoria station at all costs)
2. Tripping and breaking my teeth
3. The green fuzzy thing that looks like a tennis ball and used to be a chow chow in the back of my fridge. Yesterday, I swear it grinned at me.
Three people who make me laugh:
1. Ian Hislop (actually, Private Eye the magazine he’s editor of)
2. P.G Wodehouse
3. Paul Merton
Three things I love:
1. My shoes
2. My stuffed mouse (a toy, but real in every other sense)
3. My quilt
Three things I hate:
2. The cold
3. Washing up (the dishes, not myself. I have scrupulous personal hygiene standards)
Three things I don’t understand:
1. Bond trading (and this is after my husband explained it to me for half an hour in the tone he usually reserves for goofy dogs)
2. Scottish accents. Have you been to Edinburgh?
3. Some of the ‘art’ installations at the Tate
Three things on my desk (at home):
1. My cell phone
2. A bowl of fruit
3. The Sunday Review from last Sunday currently moonlighting as a mousepad
Three things I’m doing right now:
1. This tag
2. Trying to finish a short story
3. Scratching my back
Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Get published
2. Get published
3. Get published
Three things I can do:
1. Talk. A lot.
2. Proof read menus in restaurants
3. Read maps.
Three things you should listen to:
1. Your mother’s advice.
2. Anything on BBC radio 4.
3. Seu George
Three things you should never listen to:
1. E! News.
2. The voice in your head when you’re four drinks down
3. Those people with tiny stereos who stand on the side of the road claiming non believers will burn in hell.
Three things I’d like to learn:
1. Origami. Then I could make myself paper pets who’d never need to be fed or walked.
2. The lyrics to the Macarena. I already have the moves.
3. How to do a cartwheel.
Three favourite foods:
2. My mother’s puli kozhambu
3. Avakkai sadam and sutta appalam
Three beverages I drink regularly:
Three books I read as a kid:
1. The entire Miffy the rabbit series
2. Mr. Men books
3. Everything by Roald Dahl