Friday, December 09, 2005

After all, tomorrow is another day

Today will be the day I change my life.

‘I will exercise more’ I say to myself as I catch the bus to the station.

‘I will eat the recommended 5 portions of fruit and veg a day’ But let me finish this Mars Bar first.

‘I will start my job hunt today’ I decide. Perhaps I should wait for my bonus.

‘I will control my temper, be more patient’ I vow and silently curse the woman before me as she negotiates stairs, cell phone and wheelie suitcase at the same time.

‘I will watch less television from today’ I promise and settle down for The Simpsons, The F Word and Friends.

‘I will look after my skin’ I pledge and fall asleep with my mascara on.

And tomorrow becomes today.

The day I will change my life.

5 comments:

LAK said...

Yes, but how do we shake ourselves out of this lethargy? What happened to our determination, our will power? ut I do hope you're not feeling depressed.

Unknown said...

Why does it sound like you are talking about me here :) Honestly, I have every intention of changing soon.

Anonymous said...

I am eating chips here, slouching on my chair with a cracked up skin...
thinking i will change tomorrow :P

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

No of coffees consumed - 1
No of swear words used - 0

Not bad for a monday morning i think... perhaps today is the day after all

Mridula said...

This could be me too! Happy to see that your day is here.