Thursday, March 23, 2006

My god those bunnies are aliens!

Who am I kidding - at times (and by that I mean most no all of the time) my job can be the equivalent of Haemorrhoids. (I don't know what Haemorrhoids are but they sound pretty painful)

I quote from a brief sent over by a client

"We want to promote disco dancing at the centre. Something along the lines of 'if you like to boogie come and strut your stuff at Disco Dancers - the funkiest dance class around. Bop like your favourite pop star...' you get the idea."

Sigh. And to make matters worse I've been asked to start working on Christmas 2006. It's not even Easter yet you consumerist pagans! For a client by the way that won't let us shoot with Volkswagens because (please read in a Manchester accent. Think Daphne from Frasier) 'OOh not Volkswagens. I knew a girl who had one once and I didn't like her very much.'

Hard to argue with logic like that eh?

So how does one stay sane in such situations?

I present to you Angry Alien. And will say nothing more!

P.s Suggestions on how one can top "Park the Herald Angel sings? will be most welcome!

12 comments:

Premalatha said...

I can never finish reading your post without laughing and wanting to comment for the first sentence itself. I couldn't go past the first para, this time as well. don't know what Haemorrhoids are but they sound pretty painful my God. you are a piece of work.
Let me finish the rest and come back. (that word verification thingy is a pain, real pain now, it is second time I am trying)

Anonymous said...

lolz...d bunnies r cuter than d x-files white men...lolz..do u no any of em personally?...

n hey n happy u rote a blog..kinda becomes a habit 2 grab coffee and laf readin ur blogs...don ruin my mornin blues by not blogin..(very persisitent as jack nicholson..as u sed)...;)

Anonymous said...

hehe..

P.S. haemorrhoids = piles

Falstaff said...

Shoe-fiend: thank you. Thank you. That was brilliant. I particularly love the soundtracks - there's something about hearing the Star Wars theme as sung by bunnies that it is strangely moving.

Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Tell me about it. I'd break out on my own but for the morons one gets as clients.

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

premalatha - :) I've removd the ord verification!

1$st - no but i wish i did know those bunnies!

ash - eww! apt description of what my job is like tho

tcc - slight problem - how many goras have heard of the elastic man?

Falstaff - Did you notice Princess Leia's ears?

Arthur - Glad someone understands my pain.

Anonymous said...

God I don't know which I hate more - your blog or your new look. Is that slouched out chick meant to be you???

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

Gee anonymous! I'm so sorry... I feel so terrible...what should we do? I know!! How about you don't read my blog anymore?

Terri the terrific said...

Shoefiend,

I hope nasty, uncalled-for, anonymous comments don't send you into a writing slump.

(((Hugs)))

Zette Remi said...

LOL...I loved the bunnies - especially the cow-bunnies in "Brokeback Mountain" :-)

Shammi said...

My god the bunnies are hilarious! :)

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

Terri - Thanks! They won't

TCC - Nalla point

Keya - Aren't they brilliant!

Shyam - :D