Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ready, steady, charity - 5

Anon's 3 - schadenfreude, pontificate and synesthesia


Schadenfreude, Pontificate and Synesthesia were best friends. They were born within hours of eachother. Their parents played bridge together every Friday night. They had crawled together, walked together and even looked at their first Playword together(The centerfold that month had been a rather well endowed B.) In short, they were inseparable. On their 13th birthday they met as was custom after breakfast and exchanged gifts. That year Pontificate decided his gift was to talk at length about what their purpose in life was. Synesthesia gave his two friends harmless looking white powder so they could experience words and number in all their coloured glory. It made Pontificate pass out. Schadenfreude couldn’t help but gloat.

15 comments:

noon said...

Thanks! Very creative! Amazing you are able to do this for so many words. All your talent is going towards a good cause. Must be a good feeling.

30in2005 said...

I zimply lurve it! Pontificate passing out......

30in2005 said...

Tuesday was such fun. I haven't laughed that loud or that much in an age. Thank you!!

Posted about Gym wierdos for now....next up - the trials and tribulations of painting!!!

noon said...

BTW - I didn't get this sentence!
The centerfold that month had been a rather well endowed B
Hope I am not making a fool of myself in public - but pliss to explain what it means!

Terri the terrific said...

Not to worry, noon. I didn't get it either.

noon said...

Phew, thanks for the support! :) I was glad purusan also didn't get it! I think Shoefiend has "pazhi vangified" me for giving the words synesthesia and what not!

Anonymous said...

noon,Playword Playboy centerfold...ring any bells?:-)

noon said...

Well, I am getting a general idea! Playword is specific to playboy mag? And B?

Dog's Best Friend said...

Hilarious....Shoefy you're the best...
And noon ...sigh...no more ....pliss to understand yourself

The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

:) Hmm looks like me attempt to be clever back fired a little. Ess PlayWord is a play on PlayBoy and the centrefold is an alphabet. B. Mmmm... that's all (the three main characters are words and not people. Any more explanation and I shall throw myself off wriers point)

Dog's best friend :D Ooorukku Vandachu:D

noon said...

Ok OK, please don't throw yourself off any point. I apologise for my ignorance never having really seen a playboy mag sadly. I did understand that they are not people but just not that line about centerfold! I get it! I get it! sorry sorry sorry! :)

Anonymous said...

An attempt on the three words in fifty-five fiction:

After weeks of hesitation, Pia told her best friend Riya that she was pregnant.

As Riya pontificated on the importance of precaution in pre-marital sex, Pia sensed Riya’s schadenfreude at her shame. Her ears felt aflame, her skin stung as if each word was a slap.

This condition is called synesthesia, her doctor’s mind noted.

noon said...

Very nice...Interesting to read another version of the same three words...good one.

Unknown said...

very nice blog....pics superb,,...!!!!my lovable daughter asked me to buy shoes for her.....she asked many colors...I got every color she asked fromTimberland shoes.....

Anonymous said...

Great article.

my web-site; m88